The John Deere Tractor Repair Manual 655, 755, 756, 855, 856, 955 covers tractor models indicated.
Note: this tractor repair manual includes wiring diagrams for all models.
Book Excerpt: John Deere Tractor Repair Manual 655, 755, 756, 855, 856, 955
CRANKSHAFT FRONT OIL SEAL
655, 755 and 756 Models
COOLING SYSTEM: RADIATOR - All Models
44. The crankshaft front oil seal (23 - Fig. 20) is located in timing gear cover and can be renewed after removing crankshaft pulley (2 - Fig. 23). Pry seal from timing cover taking care not to damage cover. Seal lip rides on hub of crankshaft pulley.
Inspect pulley hub for excessive wear at point of seal contact. Install new seal with lip toward inside using suitable driver. Lubricate seal lip and crankshaft pulley hub, install pulley on crankshaft and tighten pulley retaining screw.
The crankshaft pulley of some models is equipped with a pin which must engage a hole in crankshaft gear. Coat threads of center screw (3) with medium strength "Loctite" or equivalent and tighten to 115 N.m (85 ft.-lbs.) torque.
97. Radiator pressure cap is used to increase cooling system pressure. Valve in cap is set to open at about 97-104kPA (14-15 psi). Cooling system capacity is 3.8 L (4qt.) for 655, 755, 756, 855 and 856 models; 4.5 L (4.8 qt.) for 955 models.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
To remove radiator from all models, drain coolant, remove grille, engine side panels, hood, and air cleaner inlet hose. Detach upper and lower hoses from radiator.
The fuel tank is located in front of the radiator on all 655, early 755, all 756, early 855 and all 856 models. Disconnect the two fuel lines that are located at lower right side of radiator and route the hoses forward, out of radiator support. Disconnect fuel level wires from the sender in tank and route the wires toward rear, out of radiator support.
The battery is located in front of the radiator of late 755, late 855 and all 955 models. Disconnect cables from battery, remove battery then route cables toward rear, out of radiator support.
- Detailed illustrations and exploded views
- Troubleshooting sections covering most models
- Cooling system
- Electrical system
- Final drive
- Condensed service data information
- Detailed index
- Accurate information in a concise, easy-to-use format
- Durable, coated paper stands up to messy shop jobs
Subject: John Deere 655, 755, 756, 855, 856, 955 farm tractor service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0872885836 | ISBN-13: 9780872885837