This Clymer repair manual covers 1976-2005 Honda Outboards 2-130 HP Four-Stroke (including Jet Drives):
Book Excerpt: 1976-2005 Honda Outboard 2-130 HP Four-Stroke Repair Manual
- Honda BF20, BF2A
- Honda BF50, BF5A
- Honda BF8A
- Honda BF9.9A
- Honda BF100
- Honda BF15A
- Honda BF20A, BF25A
- Honda BF30A, BF35A
- Honda BF40A, BF45A
- Honda BF50A
- Honda BF75, BF75A
- Honda BF90A
- Honda BF115A
- Honda BF130A
COOLING SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
Inspect the cooling system for proper operation every time the engine is run. A stream of water at the lower back area of the engine indicates that the water pump is operating.
ELECTRICAL AND IGNITION
Never run the engine if it overheats or you suspect the water pump is not operating efficiently. Inspect the water pump if overheating occurs or the engine runs warmer than normal. Water pump inspection and repair procedures are provided in Chapter Nine.
Flush the cooling system at regular intervals to help prevent corrosion and deposit buildup in the cooling passages.
Flush the cooling system after each operation when running salt, brackish water or polluted water. Running the engine in salt- or sand-laden water substantially reduces the life of the water pump components.
You must inspect the water pump frequently when operating your engine under these conditions.
Use a standard flush/test adapter (Figure 43) or test tank for propeller drive models. Use a special jet flush adapter available from a Honda outboard dealership (part No. 6EO-28193-000-94) to operate jet models on a water hose.
START BUTTON REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
TABLE of CONTENTS:
This component is located on the starboard side of the carry handle near the shift selector (Figure 8). Access the start button wires and fasteners through the opening at the bottom of the carry handle.
- Disconnect both battery cables from the battery terminals. Remove the spark plugs and connect the spark plug leads to a suitable engine ground, such as a clean cylinder head or cylinder block bolt.
- Refer to the wiring diagrams located at the end of the manual to identify and locate the start button wires. Trace the wires to the connections at the main engine wire harness.
Note the wire connection points and wire routing, then disconnect the start button wires from the main engine wire harness.
- Hold the start button in position as you remove the large nut in the carry handle opening. Carefully pull the start button from the carry handle as you guide the wires and connections throught carry handle opening.
- General information
- Tools and techniques
- Lubrication, maintenance and tune-up
- Lay-up, cooling system service and fitting out
- Fuel delivery system
- Cooling system
- Electrical systems
- Drive shaft housing
- Gearcase housing (lower unit)
- Bell housing , Gimball bearing and Gimball ring
- Power trim and tilt systems
- Steering systems
- Corrosion protection systems
- Wiring diagrams
Subject: 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Honda Outboard 2-130 HP Four-Stroke service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892879963 | ISBN-13: 9780892879960