The 1995-2005 Triumph Daytona, Speed Triple, Sprint, Tiger repair manual by Haynes covers the following motorcycle models:
- Triumph T595/955i Daytona, 1997-2005
- Triumph T509 Speed Triple, 1997-1998
- Triumph 955i Speed Triple, 1999-2004
- Triumph Sprint ST, 1999-2004
- Triumph Sprint RS, 2000-2003
- Triumph Tiger, (885cc) 1999-2000
- Triumph Tiger, (955cc) 2001-2005
Note: the 1050cc Speed Triple and Sprint are not
covered by this manual. See 2005-2009 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST, Speed Triple, Tiger
for newer model coverage.
Book Excerpt: 1997-2005 Triumph Daytona, Speed Triple, Sprint Repair Manual
ENGINE, CLUTCH AND TRANSMISSION - 1997 TO 2001 MODELS
STARTER CLUTCH CHECK
BRAKES, WHEELS AND TIRES
- If you suspect the starter clutch of being faulty, a simple check can be performed with the engine in the frame.
- Remove the starter motor (see Chapter 8).
- Using your finger inserted in the starter motor aperture, check that the starter idle/reduction gear turns freely anti-clockwise (as you look at it), and locks solid when turned clockwise. If not, remove the starter clutch for further investigation.
- Remove the engine from the frame and separate the crankcase halves (see Sections 5 and 21). The alternator/starter clutch drive is housed in the upper crankcase half. Remove the transmission shafts (see Section 27).
- If not already done, remove the rubber dampers from the alternator drive housing (see illustration).
- Counter-hold the drive shaft bolt (which also secures the alternator driven gear) and unscrew the drive housing nut (see illustrations).
Remove the nut, washer and the housing (see illustrations). Withdraw the bolt and washer from the other side of the casing, and then slide the driven gear off the shaft (see illustrations).
REAR BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER
TABLE of CONTENTS:
- If the master cylinder is leaking fluid, or if the pedal does not produce a firm feel when the brake is applied, and bleeding the brake does not help (see Section 10), and the hydraulic hose and brake caliper are in good condition, then master cylinder overhaul is recommended.
- Before disassembling the master cylinder, read through the entire procedure and make sure that you obtain any replacement parts required.
Also you will need some new DOT 4 brake fluid, some clean rags and internal circlip pliers.
Note: To prevent damage to the paintwork from spilled brake fluid, always cover the surrounding components when working on the master cylinder.
CAUTION! Disassembly, overhaul and reassembly of the brake master cylinder must be done in a spotlessly clean work area to avoid contamination and possible failure of the brake hydraulic system components.
- On Daytona, Speed Triple and Sprint models, remove the seat cowling, and on Tiger models remove the right-hand side panel (see Chapter 7).
- Place some rags around the master cylinder and prepare a small container to hold some brake fluid. Remove the reservoir cap, diaphragm plate and diaphragm (see illustrations).
THE TRIUMPH DAYTONA, SPEED TRIPLE, SPRINT, TIGER
Daily (pre-ride) checks
- Identification numbers
- Buying spare parts
- Engine oil level check
- Coolant levels
- Brake fluid levels
- Suspension, steering and final drive checks
- Tire checks
Routine maintenance and servicing
REPAIRS and OVERHAUL
- Recommended lubricants and fluids
- Maintenance schedule
- Component locations
- Maintenance procedures
Engine, transmission and associated systems
Chassis and bodywork components
- Engine, clutch and transmission: 1997 to 2001 models
- Engine, clutch and transmission: 2002-on models
- Cooling system
- Engine management system (fuel and ignition)
Electrical system | Wiring diagrams
- Frame and suspension
- Final drive
- Wheels and tires
- Fairing and bodywork
- Tools and workshop tips
Subject: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Triumph Daytona T595, 955, Speed Triple, T509, Sprint, Tiger service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1844252914 | ISBN-13: 9781844252916 | Haynes 3755