The 1984-1995 Caravan, Voyager, Town and Country Repair Manual by Chilton covers U.S. and Canadian minivan models, including:
- Dodge Caravan
- Dodge Grand Caravan
- Plymouth Voyager
- Plymouth Grand Voyager
- Chrysler Town and Country
Like all manuals available at The Motor Bookstore, this book is intended for the do-it-yourself mechanic who wants to keep his minivan running properly.
Hundreds of clear, close-up photos and illustrations, alongside easy-to-follow text instructions, show you step-by-step the procedures required so you can complete each project right.
Book Excerpt: 1984-1995 Caravan, Voyager, Town and Country Repair Manual
ENGINE AND ENGINE OVERHAUL
TIMING SPROCKETS/GEARS | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
2.2L AND 2.5L ENGINES
- Remove the drive belts, timing belt cover and timing belt. For more details, refer to the timing belt cover and timing belt removal procedures earlier in the section.
- Remove the crankshaft sprocket bolt.
- Remove the crankshaft sprocket using Tool C-4685 and Tool L-4524 or equivalent puller. If crankshaft seal removal is necessary, remove with Tool C-4679 (2.2L) or Tool C-4991 (2.5L), or equivalent tool.
- Clean the crankshaft seal surface with 400 grit paper.
- Lightly coat the seal (Steel case seal) outer surface with Loctite Stud N? Bearing Mount (P/N 4057987) or equivalent. A soap and water solution is recommended to lubricate (Rubber Coated Case Seal) outer surface.
- Lightly lubricate the seal lip with engine oil.
- Install seal with Tool C-4680 (2.2L) or Tool C-4992 (2.5L).
- Install the sprocket and install the sprocket bolt.
- Install the camshaft and intermediate shaft sprockets with Tool C-4687 and Tool C-4687-1 or a similar tool such as a strap wrench.
- Install the timing belt and timing belt cover.
- Install the accessory drive belts.
Refer to the timing chain procedure earlier in this section.
3.0L, 3.3L AND 3.8L ENGINES
Refer to the timing belt (3.0L) and Timing chain (3.3L and 3.8L) procedure earlier in this section.
FUEL PRESSURE DAMPENER | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Perform this fuel system pressure release procedure.
- Remove the PCV system hose assembly from intake manifold and valve cover.
- Place a shop towel under fuel pressure dampener to absorb any fuel spillage.
- Using 2 open end wrenches, 1 on the flats of the fuel rail and the other on the fuel pressure dampener, remove fuel pressure dampener and copper washer.
- Place a new copper washer on fuel rail and install fuel pressure dampener tighten to 30 ft lbs. (41 Nm) using a wrench to hold fuel rail while tightening fuel pressure dampener.
- Connect fuel injector wiring harness: reinstall PCV system hose assembly.
- Using the DRB II tester (or equivalent) uses the Actuate Outputs test- Auto Shutdown Relay to pressurize system to check for leaks.
Subject: 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 Dodge Caravan, Plymouth Voyager, Chrysler Town and Country minivan service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0801987962 | ISBN-13: 9780801987960 | Chilton 20300
TABLE of CONTENTS:
Introduction: About this manual | Introduction | Vehicle identification numbers | Maintenance techniques, tools and working facilities | Buying parts | Jacking and towing | Booster battery (jump) starting | Conversion factors | Automotive chemicals and lubricants | Safety first! | Troubleshooting
- Tune-up and routine maintenance
- Engine and overhaul procedures
- Cooling, heating and air-conditioning systems
- Fuel and exhaust systems
- Engine electrical systems
- Emissions control systems
- Suspension and steering systems
- Chassis electrical system
- Wiring diagrams