The 1985-1987 Yamaha FZ700, FZ750, FZX700 Fazer sportbike repair manual by Clymer, covers the following models:
Book Excerpt: 1985-1987 Yamaha FZ700, FZ750, FZX700 Fazer Repair Manual
- Yamaha FZ700, 1987
- Yamaha FZ750, 1985-1986
- Yamaha FZX700 Fazer, 1986-1987
An improperly operating engine lubrication system will quickly lead to engine seizure. The engine oil level should be checked weekly and topped up, as described in Chapter Three. Oil pump service is described in Chapter Four.
OIL CONSUMPTION HIGH OR ENGINE SMOKES EXCESSIVELY
- Worn valve guides.
- Worn or damaged piston rings.
EXCESSIVE ENGINE OIL LEAKS
- Clogged air cleaner breather hose.
- Loose Engine parts.
- Damaged gasket sealing surfaces.
THE THREE BASIC CLUTCH TROUBLES ARE:
- Clutch noise.
- Clutch slipping.
- Improper clutch disengagement or dragging.
All clutch troubles, except adjustments, require partial clutch disassembly to identify and cure the problem.
The troubleshooting chart in Figure 5 lists clutch troubles and checks to make.
Refer to Chapter Five for clutch service procedures.
An unbalanced wheel results in unsafe riding conditions. Depending on the degree of unbalance and the speed of the motorcycle, the rider may experience anything from a mild vibration to a violent shimmy and loss of control.
Weights are attached to the rim (Figure 19). Weight kits are available from motorcycle dealers. These contain test weights and strips of adhesive-backed weights that can be cut to the desired length and attached directly to the rim.
NOTE: Be sure to balance the wheel with the brake disc attached as it also affects the balance.
Before attempting to balance the wheels, check to be sure that the wheel bearings are in good condition and properly lubricated. The wheel must rotate freely.
- Remove the wheel as described in Chapter Eleven.
- Mount the wheel on a fixture such as the one in Figure 20 so it can rotate freely.
- Give the wheel a spin and let it coast to a stop. Mark the tire at its lowest point.
- Spin the wheel several more time. If the wheel keeps coming to rest at the same point, it is out of balance.
Subject: 1985, 1986, 1987 Yamaha FZ700, FZ750, FZX700 Fazer service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892874384 | ISBN-13: 9780892874385 | Clymer M392