The 2004-2008 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 600 repair manual by Haynes, covers the following sportbike models:
- Yamaha FZ6-S/SA Fazer 600, 2004-2007
- Yamaha FZ6-N/NA 600, 2004-2007
- Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2 600, 2007-2008
- Yamaha FZ6 S2 600, 2007-2008
Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 600 motorcycles come equipped with a four-stroke, DOHC, 16 valve, 600cc in-line four-cylinder engine.
Book Excerpt: 2004-2008 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 600 Repair Manual
ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
FUEL TANK: REMOVAL
FRAME AND SUSPENSION
NOTE: To reduce the weight of the tank remove it when it is nearly empty, or if the tank is full siphon the fuel into a suitable container using a hand pump (available from tool suppliers).
- Make sure the fuel filler cap is secure. Remove the seat (see Chapter 7).
- Loosen but do not remove the bolt securing the rear of the tank (see illustrations).
- Unscrew the bolts securing the front of the tank, noting the location of the washers (see illustration).
- Raise the tank at the front to access the hoses and wiring connectors.
- Release the clamps securing the drain hose and, on all except California models, the breather hose to their unions on the underside of the tank and detach the hoses, noting which fits where (see Illustration).
On California models, detach the EVAP hose from its union.
STANDS | SIDESTAND
- To remove the sidestand, support the motorcycle securely in an upright position using either the centerstand or an auxiliary stand.
- To remove the stand leg only, first unhook the spring with the stand in the raised position, then counterhold the nut on the pivot bolt and unscrew the bolt (see illustration).
Support the stand leg and withdraw the bolt. Note the location of the stand switch plunger.
- To remove the complete sidestand assembly, first undo the retaining nuts and bolts and displace the stand switch (see illustration).
Alternatively, remove the fuel tank (see Chapter 4), then trace the wiring from the switch and disconnect it at the wiring connector (see illustration).
Feed the wiring back to the switch, noting the location of any clips or ties.
- Undo the stand bracket bolts and lift the assembly off (see illustration).
- Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following points:
- Apply lithium-based grease to the pivot contact areas.
- Apply a suitable thread locking compound to the bracket bolts before installation.
- Tighten the bracket bolts and pivot nut and bolt to the torque settings specified at the beginning of this Chapter.
- Check the spring tension - it must hold the stand up when it is not in use. If the spring has sagged, replace it.
- Check the operation of the sidestand switch and starter safety circuit (see Chapter 1, Section 15).
Subject: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 600 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1844257517 | ISBN-13: 9781844257515 | Haynes 4751