The 2002-2009 Saturn VUE Repair Manual by Chilton covers U.S. and Canadian models equipped with the following engines:
- 2.2L DOHC inline four engine
- 3.0L DOHC V6
- 3.5L SOHC V6
- 3.5L OHV V6
- 3.6L DOHC V6
NOTE: This Chilton 62390 Saturn Vue repair manual does not include information specific to hybrid models.
Like all Chilton manuals offered by The Motor Bookstore, this book is intended for the DIY mechanic who wants to take care of his crossover Saturn VUE in his own garage.
Easy to follow text instructions accompanied by sharp close-up photos take all guess work out of each project, allowing you to take care of your vehicle properly, while saving time and money in the process.
Book Excerpt: 2002-2009 Saturn VUE Repair Manual
COOLING, HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS
RADIATOR | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
(Refer to illustrations 6.2, 6.3a and 6.3b)
- Disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal (see Chapter 5, Section 1).
- Disconnect the automatic transaxle cooler lines if so equipped (see illustration).
- Refer to Section 4 and remove the radiator along with the fan(s), releasing the air conditioning condenser from the radiator clips as you do so (see illustrations).
- Carefully lift out the radiator, being careful not to damage the fins on the radiator or air conditioning condenser.
- Inspect the radiator for leaks and damage. If it needs repair, have a radiator shop or dealer service department perform the work, as special techniques are required.
- Bugs and dirt can be removed from the radiator by spraying it with a garden hose nozzle from the back side. The radiator should be flushed out with a garden hose before installation.
- Check the rubber mounts on the bottom of the radiator for wear or deterioration and replace them if necessary.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Carefully guide the radiator/fan assembly into position and make certain that the rubber mounts on the bottom are properly sealed into the support. Attach the condenser to the radiator.
MJ-8 TRANSFER CASE
- Raise the vehicle and support it securely on jackstands.
- Unbolt the front portion of the driveshaft (see Chapter 8) and suspend it from a piece of wire (don't let it hang from the center support bearing). Mark the components so they can be installed in the same position.
- Remove the exhaust crossover pipe for access.
- Disconnect the transfer case vent tube.
- Remove the mounting bolts and keep them in order; they're different lengths. Lift the transfer case off of the transaxle.
- Remove the four bolts securing the crossmember and remove the crossmember.
- Remove the alternator (see Chapter 5).
- Remove the six bolts securing the transfer case bracket to the engine block.
- Working on the right side of the transfer case, remove the three transfer case mounting bolts.
- Working on the left side, remove the final mounting bolt, and then remove the transfer case from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following points:
- Tighten the exhaust system fasteners to the torque listed in the Chapter 4 Specifications.
- Tighten the driveshaft fasteners to the torque listed in Chapter 8 Specifications.
- Tighten the transfer case fasteners to the torque listed in this Chapter's Specifications.
- Refill the transfer case with the proper type and amount of fluid (see Chapter 1).
- Tighten the wheel lug nuts to the torque listed in the Chapter 1 Specifications.
Subject: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Saturn Vue service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1620922312 | ISBN-13: 9781620922316 | Chilton 62390