So... you'd like to extract more power out of your Ford small-block... without going broke in the process, of course. The How To Build Big-Inch Ford Small Blocks
If your answer was an enthusiastic Yes!, then this is the book you want to have by your side to complete your engine buildup, from 331 all the way to 408 cubic inches!
You DO NOT need to switch to a big-block just to get a few extra cubic inches, and George Reid will explain in plain language, why that is.
The author describes the detailed steps to build a stroker and outlines the pros and cons for various build approaches. George provides expert analysis about what you can truly expect from your engine performance when you increase the bore and stroke. This knowledge will greatly help you decide what you want to do with your intake system, cam, heads and exhaust to get the most out of the extra cubic inches.
Plus, you get:
- Factory Casting Numbers and Specs
- Aftermarket Head and Block Specs
- Cams and Carbs for Big Cubes
- Nitrous and Supercharging for Strokers
- ...and much more!
Subject: How to build a big-inch Ford small-block. ISBN-10: 1613250843 | ISBN-13: 9781613250846 | CarTech SA85P
- Intro and Acknowledgements
- The Basics of a Ford Small-Block V-8
- How to Make Stroker Power!
- Induction, Camshaft and Valvetrain Overview
- Explains Bore, Stroke, Compression Ratios, Horsepower and Torque
- Build A Stroker - How To Details
- Organizing your shop and tools needed
- Steps to assemble; Degreeing a Camshaft
- Covers Valvetrain, Lifters, Rocker Arms, Pushrods, Valves and Springs
- Tuning a Stroker; Tips to take before firing the engine and preventive maintenance for the Stroker
- 289/302 Stroker Kits and Projects Section
- Includes subsection on building a JCM Motorsports 331 Stroker
- Includes a subsection on building a 347 Street Fighter
- A cool subsection on no-brainer custom engines
- 351W Stroker Kits and Projects Section - building the CHP/TA Racing 408
- 351C Stroker Kits and Projects Section - bulding the Speed-O-Motive 408 Cleveland
- Building a Stroker Vehicle including Chassis and Brakes
- Engine Math Section
- Engine Build Sheet Section