The Honda VT1100 Shadow Repair Manual by Haynes covers motorcycles made between 1985 and 2007. The Haynes manual is designed for the DIY mechanic and includes helpful step-by-step instructions, photos and exploded views. Diagrams are included as necessary to assist in the repair and troubleshooting process. The manual starts with simple topics and moves on to harder repair and maintenance procedures.
The Haynes manual is one of the most loved manuals of all time because of its simple instructions and comprehensive collection of repair topics. Most repairs can be done quickly and easily using the Haynes manual, saving time and money. Whether you're looking to learn how to remove the sidestand on VT1000 motorcycles or do more complex procedures, the Haynes manual will guide you through every step of the process. Every Honda VT1100 Shadow owner should have a copy of the Haynes manual for their bike. Order now and enjoy free shipping to the contiguous 48 states.
The 1985-2007 Honda VT1100 Shadow Repair Manual by Haynes, covers the following motorcycle models:
Book Excerpt: 1985-2007 Honda VT1100 Shadow Repair Manual
- Honda VT1100C Shadow, 1985-1990 & 1992-1996
- Honda VT1100C2 Shadow American Classic Edition (ACE), 1995-1999
- Honda VT1100D2 Shadow American Classic Edition (ACE), 1995-1999
- Honda VT1100C Shadow Spirit, 1997-2007
- Honda VT1100T Shadow ACE Tourer, 1998-2001
- Honda VT1100C3 Shadow Aero, 1982-2002
- Honda VT1100C2 Shadow Sabre, 2000-2007
FUEL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
IDLE FUEL/AIR MIXTURE | ADJUSTMENT
- Because of emissions regulations of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the regulatory bodies of some state governments as well, the idle fuel/air mixture is a critical adjustment.
In order to comply with these regulations, each carburetor has a sealing plug in the pilot screw hole to prevent tampering. These plugs should only be removed during a complete carburetor overhaul, after which the screws must be returned to their original settings.
- If you replaced the pilot screws during a carburetor overhaul, adjust the idle fuel/air mixture as follows. Make sure that the carburetors are synchronized (see Chapter 1) before proceeding.
- Remove each pilot screw plug, if necessary (see Steps 9 and 10 in Section 13).
- Turn each pilot screw clockwise until it seats lightly, and then back it out to the initial opening listed in this Chapter's Specifications.
Caution: Do NOT overtighten the pilot screw; overtightening it will damage it.
- Start the engine and warm itup to its normal operating temperature.
SIDESTAND SWITCH | CHECK AND REPLACEMENT
Note: This procedure applies to VT1100C2, VT1100T and 1997-on VT1100C models.
- Remove the left side cover (see Chapter 8), the battery (see Section 3) and the battery holder (see illustration 17.1).
- The wires in the sidestand switch circuit are green/white, yellow/black and green. The electrical connector is a red three-pin connector (see illustration). Unplug the connector.
- Connect the leads of an ohmmeter to the terminals for the indicated wire colors.
- With the sidestand in the down position, there should be continuity between the terminals for the yellow/black and green wires.
- With the sidestand in the up position, there should be continuity between the terminals for the green/white and green wires.
- If the sidestand switch fails either of these tests, replace it.
- Disconnect the electrical connector for the sidestand switch, if you haven't already done so (see Steps 1 and 2).
- Remove the sidestand switch bolt and remove the switch.
Subject: 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Honda VT1100 Shadow Spirit, ACE, ACE Tourer, Aero, Sabre service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1563927934 | ISBN-13: 9781563927935 | Haynes 2313