The Honda Twinstar, Rebel 250 & Nighthawk 250 Repair Manual: 1978-2016 by Clymer covers models indicated, including:
- Honda CM185T Twinstar 1978-1979
- Honda CM200T Twinstar 1980-1982
- Honda CM250C Custom 1982-1983
- Honda CMX250C Rebel 1985-1987, 1996-2016
- Honda CMX250CD Rebel Limited 1986
- Honda CB250 Nighthawk 1991-2002
Clymer is the most respected aftermarket DIY motorcycle service and repair manual on the market. The Honda Twinstar / Rebel / Nighthawk 25 Repair Manual for 1978 thru 2016 is no exception. You will find detailed step-by-step procedures along with exploded views of the repair and service tasks you want to perform. You will find instructions and steps for every subsystem on your Honda, including engine, electrical system, clutch & transmission, brakes, frame, suspension, fuel & exhaust system and much more.
Book Excerpt: 1978-2016 Honda Rebel CMX250, Twinstar CM185, CM250, Nighthawk CB250 Repair Manual CLUTCH AND TRANSMISSION
The clutch in the Honda Rebel 250 and Twinstar is a wet multi-plate type which operates immersed in the engine oil. It is mounted on the right-hand end of the transmission main shaft. The inner clutch hub is splined to the main shaft and the outer housing can rotate freely on the main shaft. The outer housing is geared to the crankshaft. The clutch on the Rebel 250 is basically the same as the one used on all other models but is equipped with some additional parts to smooth out clutch operation and performance. The clutch release mechanism is mounted within the right-hand crankcase cover and is operated by the clutch cable and hand lever mounted on the handlebar. Refer to Figure 1 for Rebel 250 models or Figure 2 for all other models for all clutch components. Clutch specifications are listed in Table 1 at the end of this chapter.
This chapter includes repair and replacement procedures for the rear wheel and rear suspension components. Refer to Table 1 at the end of the chapter for rear suspension torque specifications.
REAR WHEEL: REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (Chain-driven Models)
- Place block(s) under the engine so that the rear wheel clears the ground.
- Remove the rear brake light switch return spring (Figure 1) from the brake pedal.
- Completely unscrew the rear brake adjusting nut (Figure 2).
- Depress the brake pedal and remove the brake rod from the pivot joint in the brake arm. Install the pivot joint in the brake arm. Install the pivot joint and the adjusting nut onto the brake rod to avoid misplacing them.
- Remove the cotter pin, nut, washer and rubber washer from the rear brake torque link (Figure 3). Install the rubber washer, washer and nut on the bolt in the torque link to avoid misplacing them.
- On models so equipped, remove the cotter pin from the rear axle nut. Discard the cotter pin - never reuse a cotter pin as it may break and fall out.
- Loosen the rear axle nut (A, Figure 4).
Subject: 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Honda Rebel 250, Twinstar 185/250, Nighthawk 250 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1620923610 | ISBN-13: 9781620923610 | UPC: 0-24185-78495-1| Clymer M324-5
- General Information
- Lubrication, Maintenance and Tune-up
- Clutch and Transmission
- Fuel and Exhaust Systems
- Ignition System
- Cooling System
- Front Suspension and Steering
- Rear Suspension
- Frame and Repainting
- 1991 and Later Service Information
- Wiring Diagrams