- OUT OF PRINT -
This Clymer repair manual covers 1977-1984 Honda Odyssey FL250 All Terrain Vehicles.
Book Excerpt: 1977-1984 Honda Odyssey FL250 Repair Manual
Professional mechanics can work for years and never sustain serious injury. If you observe a few rules of common sense and safety, you can enjoy many hours servicing your own machine.
You could hurt yourself or damage the Odyssey if you ignore these rules.
- Never use gasoline as a cleaning solvent.
- Never smoke or use a torch in the vicinity of flammable liquids such as cleaning solvent in open containers.
- If welding or brazing is required on the machine, remove the fuel tank to a safe distance, at least 50 feet away.
Welding on gas tanks requires special safety procedures and must be performed by someone skilled in the process.
- Use the proper sized wrenches to avoid damage to nuts and injury to yourself.
- When loosening a tight or stuck nut, be guided by what would happen if the wrench should slip. Protect yourself accordingly.
- Keep your work area clean and uncluttered.
- Wear safety goggles during all operations involving drilling, grinding, or us of a cold chisel.
- Never use worn tools.
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy and be sure it is rated for gasoline and electrical fires.
If the crankshaft or the connecting rod needs to be replaced, it must be replaced as a unit. This assures that the accuracy of the fit between them is correct.
If overheating, seizure, or wear is apparent, the crankshaft assembly must be replaced.
RECOIL STARTER: REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
The recoil starter can be removed with the engine in the frame.
Subject: 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984 Honda Odyssey FL250 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892873086 | ISBN-13: 9780892873081 | Clymer M316