The 1964-1974 Honda CB250, CL250, CB350, CL350, SL350 Repair Manual by Clymer covers models indicated, including:
Book Excerpt: 1964-1974 Honda CB250, CL250, CB350, CL350, SL350 Repair Manual
- Honda CB250 1964-1974
- Honda CL250 1964-1974
- Honda CL350 1968-1973
- Honda SL350 1969-1973
- Honda CB350 1968-1973
ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, AND CLUTCH
This chapter describes removal, disassembly, service, and reassembly of the engine, transmission, and clutch. Engine removal is not necessary for service operations on alternators, oil pumps, clutches, or shifter mechanism.
Experience has shown that work goes faster and easier if certain standard shop practices are observed. Some of the more important ones are listed below.
- During engine disassembly, keep all related parts together. Reassembly will be much easier if this precaution is taken; in particular if a long period of time lapses between disassembly and reassembly.
- All O-rings, gaskets, snap rings, and cotter pins which are removed should be replaced.
- Be sure all parts are clean upon reassembly.
- Lubricate all moving parts liberally before reassembly.
- On parts attached with multiple bolts or screws, tighten those of larger diameter first. If parts are attached with inner and outer bolts or screws, tighten inner ones first.
Subject: 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974 Honda CB250, CL250, CB350, CL350, SL350 service, maintenance, repair. | ISBN-10: 0892872098 - ISBN-13: 9780892872091 | Clymer M322