The Ford 1320, 1520 and 1720 Tractor Repair Manual (1987-2000) is a factory repair manual that has been reprinted. The Ford licensed reprint covers tractors made between 1987 and 2000 including the 1320, 1520 and 1720 models. Both 2WD and 4WD versions are included. The repair manual also includes a service manual supplement to the 1320, 1520 and 1720 Repair Manual, specifically for the 1620 Tractor. The manual includes detailed instructions and supplementary photographs to enhance explanations and to help locate components.
Please note that this manual was written by the Ford Motor Company for their professionally-trained mechanics. It is a Ford licensed reprint and is designed for experienced mechanics, so it may lack instructions on performing basic tasks or assume users have an understanding of safety procedures and component locations. The Motor Bookstore offers a 30 day money back guarantee on this product. We strive for 100 percent customer satisfaction and shipping is always free in the lower 48 states.
Book Excerpt: Ford 1320-1520-1720 Tractors Repair Manual
DIFFERENTIAL, REAR AXLE AND BRAKES
OVERHAUL - DIFFERENTIAL ASSEMBLY REMOVAL
The differential gear assembly may be removed without removing the center housing from the tractor. To do so, remove both of the rear axle housings and the hydraulic lift cover and related components.
- Remove the rear wheels and fenders.
- Drain the oil from the combined transmission, rear axle and hydraulic reservoir system.
- Remove the lower lift links.
- Disconnect the brake control rod from the brake cover lever, Figure 11.
- Attach a suitable overhead lifting device to the rear axle assembly, Figure 12, and remove the axle housing retaining bolts.
- Carefully move the axle assembly out and away from the tractor. WARNING: The axle housing is difficult to balance. Exercise care during removal to avoid personal injury.
- Remove the opposite axle assembly in the same manner.
- Remove the right and left hand differential bearing carrier, Figure 13. Note the number and thickness of the shims located between the bearing carrier and housing on each side for ease of assembly.
- Remove the differential assembly from the top.
This manual is the perfect guide to help you with the repair of your tractor. It provides a table of potential problems and trouble shooting solutions for each problem that you may be experiencing with your tractor.
Subject: Ford Tractor 1320, 1520, 1720 Repair Manual