The Chevy Differentials How to Rebuild the 10- and 12-Bolt book by Jefferson Bryant provides outstanding how-to instructions for:
- Build High-Performance Axle Assembly
- Select Ideal Ring-and-Pinion Gear
- Optimize Gear Ratio
- Convert to Limited-Slip Differential Instructions
Car enthusiasts and Chevy lovers everywhere rejoice for the release of this new Jefferson Bryant workbench book! Bryant is an experienced mechanic and technical writer with a keen knowledge of an audience who needs a detail oriented guide and experienced adviser for Chevy differential rebuild projects.
In Chevy Differentials: How to Rebuild the 10- and 12-Bolt, Bryant provides readers an education and history for the mechanics of the differential and its housing. For those new to differentials, Bryant explains where to look for assessing differential, how to identify crucial components that need rebuilding and when not to do something without an inspection or test to avoid wrecking driveline components.
Bryant knows his audience and his cars. Bryant is the best at:
- speaking to his audience in easy to understand terms
- relating to his readers both those new to the craft or experienced at mechanical design and assembly
- and offering his readers complete photographic support with his words
Anyone completing Chevy differential rebuilds will benefit greatly by owning this guide.
Bryant offers the following topics regarding differential rebuilds in this treasure trove of mechanical knowledge:
- A breakdown of history and mechanics for Chevy differential types
- Differences specifically between multiple 10 and 12 bolt identification for mechanics before starting the project
- Identification measures for multiple suspension types
- How to build a universal axle suspension
- How to install an A-body axle with tubular arms
- Tips for dis-assembly of housing
- Tips for re-assembly of housing
- Expert advice on rebuilding clutch components
- Everything you needed to know about gear ratios and why these are vital
- A whole chapter on torque and spline design for axles
- Set up and assembly guides for axles
- A detailed, thorough chapter for the drive shaft and its components
- Comparison and contrast for selection and installation of electronic and mechanical locking spools as well as how to install either
- A complete guide to wheel selection, installation, storage, maintenance and assembly as pertains to torque and more
- A source guide
This book is a great purchase for any mechanic's workbench! If you know someone who won't stop talking about their high performance Chevy, he or she will relish this read by Bryant!
Below: Chevy Differentials How To Rebuild The 10- and 12-Bolt by Jefferson Bryant Sample Page. Copyright CarTech Books.
Subject: Learn how to rebuild the 10- and 12- bolt chevy differential.
ISBN-10: 1613251610 | ISBN-13: 9781613251614 | CarTech Books SA310