This 1970 Ford Car Shop Manual is a licensed, Ford factory-authorized reprint of the original five-volume set (now combined into two huge books) which Ford made available to their dealership mechanics back in 1970. Whether you're looking for details on a basic tune up, or a major tear down and rebuild, these manuals have you covered. They are chock-full of not only well-written, step-by-step text instructions, but those directions have been helpfully paired with a huge number and variety of visual aids. There are tables, black and white photographs, charts, exploded views, illustrations, cutaway views and more. The material is presented in an effective and efficient manner. You'll find the knowledge and confidence to knock-out that list of projects on your vintage vehicle.
These manuals were written by Ford Motor Company for their Ford service mechanics. The five volumes are:
- Volume One - Chassis
- Volume Two - Engine
- Volume Three - Electrical
- Volume Four - Body
- Volume Five - Pre-delivery, Maintenance and Lubrication
This 1970 Ford Car Shop Manual Five Volume Set is the most comprehensive and detailed literature available regarding service and repair procedures for the following 1970 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury car models:
- 1970 Ford Custom, Custom 500
- 1970 Ford Fairlane, Fairlane 500 (including Cobra and Station Wagon)
- 1970 Ford Falcon (including Standard, Futura, and Station Wagon)
- 1970 Ford Galaxie 500
- 1970 Ford LTD
- 1970 Ford Maverick
- 1970 Ford Mustang (including Standard, Flair, Grande and Mach I)
- 1970 Ford Ranchero (including 500, Squire and GT)
- 1970 Ford Station Wagon
- 1970 Ford Thunderbird
- 1970 Ford Torino, Torino GT, and Torino Brougham
- 1970 Ford XL
- 1970 Lincoln Continental
- 1970 Lincoln Continental Mark III
- 1970 Mercury Cougar (Standard and XR-7 Luxury)
- 1970 Mercury Marauder, Marauder X-100
- 1970 Mercury Marquis, Marquis Custom and Marquis Colony Park
- 1970 Mercury Meteor (including Rideau, Rideau 500, Montcalm, LeMoyne and Station Wagon)
- 1970 Mercury Montego (including MX, MX Brougham, Cyclone, Cyclone Spoiler, Cyclone GT, and Station Wagon)
- 1970 Mercury Monterey (including Custom, Wagon and Custom Wagon)
This 5 volume 1970 Ford Car Shop Manual set is perfect for the restorer, or anyone working on a 1970 Ford, Lincoln or Mercury.
How much information is available in this set of factory reprint manuals? Quite a bit. All together, these five volumes contain 1,651 pages! Volume 1 has 417 pages; Volume 2 - 445 pages; Volume 3 - 368 pages; Volume 4 - 317 pages and Volume 5 - 74 pages.
In 1970, as the legendary rock band The Beatles was dissolving, they introduced us to a song called The Long and Winding Road. With the multitude of vehicle choices offered by Ford , Lincoln and Mercury for the 1970 model year, there was most likely a great option for customers to enjoy taking that long and winding road. There were sporty cars, luxury cars, roomy cars and all kinds of mixes available. Fortunately, this loaded shop manual is there to walk you through details on a huge variety of these classics.
Sitting in 1970, it would be a little over a decade and a half before the movie watching public was introduced to Top Gun. In that block-buster, Tom Cruise played hotshot fighter pilot Pete "Maverick" Mitchell. Long before that barrage of hollywood glitz and glamour, Ford rolled out their own handsome Maverick. Its sporty looks show that it took a page from successful, big brother...Mustang, and was a nice way for Ford to offer a compact model with style. If yours is in need of maintenance or repair, this is the source you need t be sure the jobs are done right.
Subject: Transportation: Automotive: 1970 Ford Galaxie, Fairlane, Mustang, Torino, Thunderbird and Mercury Cougar, Montego, Lincoln Continental factory shop manual. | Ford Part Number: FORM 7098-70-1,2,3,4,5