Find a manual »
John Deere Tractor Repair Manual Model 1010, 2010
The John Deere Tractor Repair Manual Model 1010, 2010, Utility, Row Crop, Hi-Crop, Industrial, covers tractor models indicated.
Note: this tractor repair manual does NOT include wiring diagrams.
Book Excerpt: John Deere Tractor Repair Manual Model 1010, 2010
SPEED CHANGE SHIFTER
116. The speed change shifter (Fig. JD198) can be removed after removing the rear input shaft assembly as outlined in paragraph 115.
Move the shifter cam to lower (7th and 8th) speed position, withdraw shaft (8) forward into range change compartment, and lift the shifter forks (6 and 7) upward out of housing.
Remove detent plug (11) from outside of case, then withdraw spring (10) and plunger (9).
Remove nut from inner end of shaft (2), withdraw shaft and arm assembly, and lift the shifter cam (4) from housing.
Inspect the cam grooves and detent notches for wear or scoring. If damaged, renew the cam. Install seal (3) with lip to inside of case.
Assemble by reversing the disassembly procedure, making sure that the "V" locating marks on shaft and cam are aligned, and that rollers (5) are in place on shifter fork pins.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
- Detailed illustrations and exploded views
- Troubleshooting sections covering most models
- Cooling system
- Electrical system
- Final drive
- Condensed service data information
- Detailed index
Subject: John Deere 1010, 2010 farm tractor service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0872880753 | ISBN-13: 9780872880757
- Accurate information in a concise, easy-to-use format
- Durable, coated paper stands up to messy shop jobs
- Publisher: I&T/Clymer
- Pages: 56 - B&Wphotos and illustrations
- Binding: Paperback - 8 x 10.75 inches
- ISBN: 978-0-87288-075-7