Out of print.
This professional manual is THE number one source for all information related to timing chains and gears, as well as serpentine belts. It covers removal and install for domestic and imported cars, vans and light-duty trucks - both gasoline and diesel engines.
Replacing timing chains and gears in high mileage situations or simply removing them for other engine overhaul tasks require special precautions and specific valve timing details for every engine.
Rest assured this manual provides all of the special little nuances, tricks, shortcuts and detailed steps necessary so you can avoid any problems, and save money, during an engine overhaul or timing chain/gear replacement procedure.
- Acura | Audi
- BMW | Buick
- Cadillac | Chevy | Chrysler
- Daewoo | Dodge
- Ford | Freightliner Sprinter
- Honda | Hummer | Hyundai
- Infiniti | Isuzu
- Jaguar | Jeep
- Land Rover | Lexus | Lincoln
- Mazda | Mercedes Benz | Mercury | Merkur | MINI | Mitsubishi
- Plymouth | Pontiac
- Saab | Saturn | Scion | Smart | Subaru | Suzuki
- Volkswagen (VW)
Intended for the professional mechanic, the manual features minimum text, numerous simplified illustrations, and clarity of presentation.
Above: Chevy Colorado 2.8L, 2.9L, 3.5L, 3.7L, and Trailblazer 4.2L timing chain and gears diagram. Copyright Autodata.
- This manual provides automotive technicians with a concise source of information when checking, replacing or tensioning timing chains or gear drives
- Each model-specific section identifies any special tool requirements and features clear illustrations of timing chains, sprockets and gears with all the relevant valve-timing marks
- General removal and installation instructions are included as necessary along with the relevant tensioner release and reset methods
- The manual covers the majority of Domestic and Imported gasoline and diesel engined cars, vans and light trucks from 1996 to 2010
Subject: Transportation: Service and Repair: Professional: Automotive timing chain and gear, and serpentine belt replacement, instruction, special tools, adjustments, tightening torques, timing marks, etc. ISBN-10: 1893026779 | ISBN-13: 9781893026773 | Autodata 13-170