The 1997-2004 Suzuki TL1000S, TL1000R, DL1000 V-Strom repair manual by Haynes covers the following models:
Book Excerpt: 1997-2004 Suzuki TL1000S, TL1000R, DL1000 V-Strom Repair Manual
- Suzuki TL1000SV, 1997
- Suzuki TL1000SW, 1998
- Suzuki TL1000SX, 1999
- Suzuki TL1000SY, 2000
- Suzuki TL1000SK1, 2001
- Suzuki TL1000RW, 1998
- Suzuki TL1000RX, 1999
- Suzuki TL1000RY, 2000
- Suzuki TL1000RK1, 2001
- Suzuki TL1000RK2, 2002
- Suzuki TL1000RK3, 2003
- Suzuki DL1000K2, 2002
- Suzuki DL1000K3, 2003
- Suzuki DL1000K4 V-Strom, 2004
FUEL, ENGINE MANAGEMENT AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
FAST IDLE SYSTEM: REMOVAL, INSTALLATION AND ADJUSTMENT
BRAKES, WHEELS AND TIRES
TL MODELS: CABLE REMOVAL
- Remove the air filter housing (see Section 8).
- Pull the fast idle lever on the handlebar back - this makes access to the cable end better. Loosen the locknut on the fast idle cable adjuster, then slip the adjuster out of its bracket on the No. 1 throttle body and disconnect the cable from the fast idle cam. (see illustrations).
- Loosen the fast idle lever clamp screw, then remove the two switch/lever housing screws, one of which secures the cable elbow retainer plate, and separate the halves (see illustrations).
Note how the pin on the upper half of the housing locates in the hole in the handlebar. Pull the lever out of the lower half and detach the cable end from it, noting how it fits (see illustrations). Pull the cable elbow out of the housing (see illustration).
- Remove the cable from the machine, noting its routing.
- Thread the cable through to the throttle bodies and up to the handlebars, making sure it is correctly routed - it must not interfere with any other component and should not be kinked or bent sharply.
REAR BRAKE CALIPER: INSTALLATION
- If necessary, push the piston(s) a little way back into the caliper (see Section 3, Step 10 or 23). If removed, install the brake pads (see Section 3).
- On TL models if the caliper has just been displaced, slide it onto the disc, making sure the pads sit squarely over each side (see illustration 3.14).
Install the caliper mounting bolts and the torque arm bolt and nut and tighten them to the torque settings specified at the beginning of the Chapter (see illustrations 3.1a and b).
- On DL models if the caliper has just been displaced, slide it onto the disc, making sure the pads locate over each side and the leading edges locate correctly against the guide (see illustration 3.26a).
Install the front mounting bolt/slider pin and tighten it finger-tight (see illustration 3.26b). Push down on the top of the caliper so the pads compress the spring, and then install the rear mounting bolt/slider pin (see illustration 3.26c).
Tighten both bolts/pins to the torque settings specified at the beginning of the Chapter.
The Haynes 4083 is a Superbike title. The Haynes Superbike manual includes many extra features such as tools & workshop tips, color wiring diagram sections, performance data and model history.
The Motor Bookstore has been providing DIY repair and maintenance literature to motorcycle owners and enthusiasts since 1997. Pick up this 1997-2004 Suzuki TL1000S, TL1000R, DL1000V-Strom Repair Manual today so you can start taking care of your bike's repairs and maintenance tomorrow.
Subject: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Suzuki TL1000S, TL1000R, DL1000 V-Strom service, maintenance, and repair procedures.
ISBN-10: 1844250830 | ISBN-13: 9781844250837 | Haynes 4083