This repair manual covers Sea-Doo personal watercraft, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001, including:
Book Excerpt: 1997-2001 Sea-Doo GS, GSI, GSX, GTI, GTS, GTX, HX, LRV, RX, SP, SPX, XP Repair Manual
- Sea-Doo GS, 1997-2001
- Sea-Doo GSI, 1997
- Sea-Doo GSX, 1997
- Sea-Doo GSX RFI, 1999-2000
- Sea-Doo GSX Limited, 1997-1999
- Sea-Doo GTI, 1997-2001
- Sea-Doo GTS, 1997-2001
- Sea-Doo GTX, 1997, 2000-2001
- Sea-Doo GTX DI, 2000-2001
- Sea-Doo GTX RFI, 1998-2001
- Sea-Doo GTX Limited, 1998-1999
- Sea-Doo HX, 1997
- Sea-Doo LRV, 2000-2001
- Sea-Doo RX, 2000-2001
- Sea-Doo RX DI, 2000-2001
- Sea-Doo SP, 1997
- Sea-Doo SPX, 1997-1999
- Sea-Doo XP, 1997, 2000-2001
- Sea-Doo XP Limited, 1998-1999
On a new craft, perform the 10-hour inspection after the first 10 hours of operation. Repeat the engine inspection procedures whenever the engine is overhauled or replaced with a manufactured unit, or if the engine was removed from the hull. Perform the steering inspection procedures after major service to steering components.
After the first 10 hours of operation, check the following:
- On 1997 models, check and adjust the ignition timing.
- On carbureted models, remove the spark plugs for inspection and cleaning. Replace the plugs or re-adjust the gap as necessary before installation.
- Visually inspect the fuel system lines, components and fasteners. Make sure nothing leaks. Check the system under operational pressure. If accessible (not mounted in the tank), check the fuel filter.
- On DI models, visually check for oil leakage between the cylinder head and injector, then clean the throttle bodies.
- On carbureted models, check and adjust the carburetors along with the throttle/choke cables, as necessary.
- Check the oil lines and filter.
- Check the oil injection pump and adjust, if required.
- Inspect the engine support and engine rubber mounts for condition and tightness.
- Check the muffler, battery and reservoir/tank retaining devices.
- Check the battery electrolyte level and charge to verify proper operation of the charging system.
- Check the exhaust system hose clamps/fasteners.
- As applicable, check the carburetor retainers, throttle body retainers and flame arrestor bracket.
- Check the air intake silencer fit and tightness.
Subject: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Sea-Doo PWC service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892877952 | ISBN-13: 9780892877959 | Clymer W810