This repair and service workshop manual by Haynes covers Kawasaki Ninja ZX600 and Kawasaki Ninja ZX750 motorcycles, including:
- GPz600R (ZX600A) 1985-1990
- GPZ600R (ZX600C) 1988-1996
- GPX750R (ZX750F) 1987-1991
Book Excerpt: 1985-1997 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600, ZX750R Repair Manual
- Ninja 600R (ZX600A) 1985-1987
- Ninja 600RX (ZX600B) 1987
- Ninja 600R (ZX600C) 1988-1997
- Ninja 750R (ZX750F) 1987-1990
IGNITION COILS | CHECK, REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
FRAME, SUSPENSION AND FINAL DRIVE
- In order to determine conclusively that the ignition coils are defective, they should be tested by a Kawasaki dealer service department which is equipped with the special electrical tester required for this check.
- However, the coils can be checked visually (for cracks and other damage) and the primary and secondary coil resistances are as specified, they are probably capable of proper operation.
- To check the coils for physical damage, they must be removed (see Step 9). To check the resistances, simply remove the fuel tank (see Chapter 4), unplug the primary circuit electrical connectors from the coil(s) and remove the spark plug wires from the plugs that are connected to the coil being checked. Mark the locations of all wires before disconnecting them.
- To check the coil primary resistance, attach one ohmmeter lead to one of the primary terminals and the other ohmmeter lead to the other primary terminal (see illustration).
- Place the ohmmeter selector switch in the R x 1 position and compare the measured resistance to the value listed in this Chapter's Specifications.
- If the coil primary resistance is as specified, check the coil secondary resistance by disconnecting the meter leads from the primary terminals and attaching them to the spark plug wire terminals (see illustration 3.4).
- Place the ohmmeter selector switch in R x 100 position and compare the measured resistance to the values listed in this Chapter's Specifications.
FOOTPEGS AND BRACKETS | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
RIDER'S LEFT SIDE
- If it's only necessary to detach the footpeg from the bracket, pry the C-clip off the pivot pin (see illustration), slide out the pin and detach the footpeg from the bracket. Be careful not to lose the spring. Installation is the reverse of removal, but be sure to install the spring correctly.
- If it's necessary to remove the entire bracket from the frame, mark the relationship of the shift lever to the shift shaft, then remove the clamp bolt. Slide the lever off the shaft.
- Unscrew the shift lever pivot bolt and the bracket-to-frame bolt and separate the footpeg and bracket from the engine.
- Installation is basically the reverse of removal. Apply a thin coat of grease to the shift pedal pivot bolt, and be sure to line up the matchmarks on the shift lever and shift shaft. The link rod should be parallel to the shift pedal.
Subject: 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600, ZX750 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1859602304 | ISBN-13: 9781859602300 | Haynes 1780