- GOING OUT OF PRINT - LIMITED QUANTITY -
This Haynes 3901 repair manual covers 1997-2007 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird sport bikes, including:
Book Excerpt: 1997-2007 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird Repair Manual
- Honda CBR1100XX-V, 1997
- Honda CBR1100XX-W, 1998
- Honda CBR1100XX-X, 1999
- Honda CBR1100XX-Y, 2000
- Honda CBR1100XX-1, 2001
- Honda CBR1100XX-2, 2002
- Honda CBR1100XX-3, 2003
- Honda CBR1100XX-4, 2004
- Honda CBR1100XX-5, 2005
- Honda CBR1100XX-6, 2006-2007
ENGINE, CLUTCH AND TRANSMISSION
TIMING ROTOR - REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
FUEL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
Note: The timing rotor can be removed with the engine in the frame. If the engine has been removed, ignore the steps which don?t apply.
- Remove the right-hand fairing side panel (see Chapter 8). If you want to move the timing rotor cover away from the machine, raise the fuel tank (see Chapter 4), then trace the ignition pulse generator wiring from the cover and disconnect it at the red 2-pin connector inside the rubber boot (see illustration 5.12).
Release the wiring from any clips or ties and feed it through the cover, noting its routing.
- Working evenly in a criss-cross pattern, unscrew the timing rotor cover bolts (see illustration). Remove the cover, being prepared to catch any residual oil. Discard the gasket as a new one must be used. Remove the dowels if they are loose.
- To remove the timing rotor bolt, the crankshaft must be prevented from turning. If the engine is in the frame, engage 6th gear and have an assistant hold the rear brake on hard with the rear tire in firm contact with the ground.
If the engine has been removed, remove the alternator cover (see Chapter 9) and use a rotor holding strap to counter-hold the alternator rotor while slackening the bolt. The alternator bolt is tighter than the timing rotor bolt so there is no danger of the wrong one coming undone.
- Remove the bolt and its washer, than slide the timing rotor off the end of the crankshaft, noting how it locates over a wide spline so that it can only be fitted in one position (see illustration).
FUEL PUMP | CHECK REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Note: this information only applies to X (1999) models onward.
Warning: Refer to the precautions given in Section 1 before starting work.
- The fuel pump is located inside the fuel tank. The fuel pump runs for a few seconds when ignition is switched ON, to pressurise the fuel system, and then cuts out until the engine is started. If the pump is thought to be faulty, first check the fuses (see Chapter 9). If they are in good condition proceed as follows.
- Raise and support the fuel tank (see Section 2).
- Ensure the ignition is switched OFF then disconnect the fuel pump wiring connector (see illustration). Connect the positive (+) lead to the lead of a voltmeter to the brown terminal of the connector and the negative (-) lead to the green terminal of the connector. Switch the ignition switch ON while noting the reading obtained on the meter.
- If battery voltage is present for a few seconds, the fuel pump circuit is operating correctly and the fuel pump is proven to be faulty.
- If no reading is obtained, check the fuel pump circuit wiring for continuity and make sure all the connectors are free from corrosion and are securely connected. Repair/replace the wiring as necessary and clean the connectors using electrical contact cleaner. If this fails to reveal the fault, check the following components.
- Engine stop switch (see chapter 9).
- Fuel cut-off relay (see Section 13).
- Engine stop relay (see Section13).
- Bank angle sensor (see Section 13).
- Engine control module (ECM) (see Section 13).
Subject: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird service, maintenance, and repair procedures.
ISBN-10: 1785210521 | ISBN-13: 9781785210525 | Haynes 3901