The 1991-1999 Honda CB750 Nighthawk DIY repair manual by Clymer, covers 1991-1993 and 1995-1999 CB750 models indicated.
Take on the maintenance and repairs of an everyday commuter motorcycle with the Honda CB750 Nighthawk Repair Manual 1991-1999 available at The Motor Bookstore. This 388-page manual is the answer for anyone who wants to work on their Honda bike themselves and forego the hassle and often exorbitant expenses associated with taking your motorcycle to a mechanic. This Clymer manual can help you become your own mechanic, with DIY tips covering lubrication and tune-up, the engine, the clutch and external gearshift linkage, the transmission and internal shift mechanism, the exhaust and electrical systems and more. Photos, illustrations and wiring diagrams are included. Order this Honda Nighthawk repair book from The Motor Bookstore and get free shipping anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Book Excerpt: 1991-1999 Honda CB750 Nighthawk Repair Manual
PERIODIC LUBRICATION, MAINTENANCE AND TUNE-UP
Clutch lever play should be checked frequently and adjusted to compensate for clutch cable stretching and clutch plate wear. Excessive clutch lever play prevents the clutch from disengaging and causes clutch drag.
FUEL AND EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS
Too little or no clutch lever play does not allow the clutch to fully engage, resulting in clutch slippage. Both conditions cause unnecessary clutch wear.
- With the engine turned OFF, pull the clutch lever until resistance is felt, then stop and measure free play at the end of the clutch lever (Figure 32). The clutch lever should have 10-20 mm (3/8-3/4 in.) free play.
- Make minor adjustment at the clutch adjuster screw mounted at the clutch lever. Loosen the locknut (A, Figure 33) and turn the adjuster screw (B, Figure 33) as required to obtain the correct free play. Tighten the locknut and recheck the adjustment.
FLOAT LEVEL: INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT
The needle valve and float maintain a constant fuel level in the carburetor float bowl. The carburetor assembly must be removed and partially disassembled for this adjustment.
- Remove the carburetor assembly as described in this chapter.
- Remove the screws securing the float bowls (Figure 30) to the carburetor bodies and remove them and their O-rings.
- Hold the carburetor assembly so the float arm just touches the needle valve. Use a scale or float level gauge (Honda part No. 07401-001000 or equivalent) and measure the distance from the carburetor body surface to the top of the float (Figure 31). The correct float level is listed in Table 1.
- If the float level adjustment is incorrect, replace the float.
I received the book promptly and experienced no problems with their product or service. In fact, this book is superior to the factory service manual
andmdash; D.K.M. | Herndon, VA
Subject: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 Honda CB750 Nighthawk service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892877502 | ISBN-13: 9780892877508 | Clymer M436