The 1984-1986 Honda VF500, Magna, Interceptor sportbike repair manual by Clymer covers the following motorcycle models:
Book Excerpt: 1984-1986 Honda VF500, Magna, Interceptor Repair Manual
- Honda VF500C Magna V-30
- Honda VF500F Interceptor
FUEL, EXHAUST AND EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS
THROTTLE CABLE REPLACEMENT
- Remove the seat as described in Chapter Twelve.
- Remove the fuel tank as described in this chapter.
- On Interceptor models, remove the front fairing as described in Chapter Twelve.
- Remove the air filter case as described in this chapter.
- Disconnect the front brake light switch electrical connectors (A, Figure 42).
- Remove the screws securing the right-hand switch/throttle housing halves together (B, Figure 42).
- Remove the housing from the handlebar and disengage the throttle cables (C, Figure 42) from the throttle grip.
- Partially remove the carburetor assembly, as described in this chapter, until it is easy to gain access to the throttle cable attachment points.
Honda V-Fours are equipped with a capacitor discharge ignition system (CDI). This system uses no breaker points and is non-adjustable. The timing should be checked to make sure all ignition components are operating correctly.
Incorrect ignition timing can cause a drastic loss of engine performance and efficiency. It may also cause overheating.
Before starting on this procedure, check all electrical connections related to the ignition system. Make sure all connections are tight and free of corrosion and that all ground connections are tight.
Subject: 1984, 1985, 1986 Honda VF500, Magna, Interceptor service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892874198 | ISBN-13: 9780892874194 | Clymer M329