- OUT OF PRINT -
The 1994-1998 Yamaha YZ250, WR250 motocross and off-road bike repair manual by Clymer, covers the following models:
Book Excerpt: 1994-1997 Yamaha YZ250 1994-1998, WR250 Repair Manual
- Yamaha YZ250, 1994-1998
- Yamaha WR250Z, 1994-1997
CLUTCH, KICKSTARTER, IDLE GEAR AND EXTERNAL SHIFT MECHANISM
This chapter contains service procedures for the following components:
Clutch specifications are listed in Table 1. Tightening torques are listed in Table 2. Both tables are at the end of the chapter.
- Clutch cover.
- Clutch release lever.
- Right crankcase cover.
- Exhaust valve governor.
- Primary drive gear.
- Kick starter and idle gear.
- External shift mechanism.
The clutch cover is mounted on the right crankcase cover assembly and can be removed to service the clutch plates.
To service the clutch housing or any of the other parts installed on the right side of the engine, remove the right crankcase cover instead of the clutch cover.
- Drain the transmission oil as described in Chapter Three.
- Support the bike on a work stand.
- Remove the rear brake pedal as described in Chapter Fourteen.
- Remove the kick starter pedal as described in this chapter.
- Remove the bolts and remove the clutch cover (Figure 1). Remove the dowel pins (Figure 2) and gasket. Discard the gasket.
- Remove all the gasket residue from the clutch cover and crankcase cover mating surfaces.
Subject: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 Yamaha YZ250, WR250 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892877472 | ISBN-13: 9780892877478 | Clymer M498