- OUT OF PRINT -
The Yamaha Water Vehicles Shop Manual by Clymer covers a variety of Yamaha Waverunner and Wavejammer vehicles including the WJ500, WR500, WR650, WRA650, WRB650 and SJ650. Included water crafts are made between 1987 and 1992. This official shop manual features a quick reference section for last-minute details, general information regarding Yamaha water crafts, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair information and more. There's even a section that addresses off-season storage to help prevent damage caused by cool weather and a lack of use.
The Yamaha Water Vehicles Shop Manual is a must-have for any water craft owner. The manual will save you time and money addressing common concerns and helping guide you through simple repairs and troubleshooting processes. Whether you want to keep your water craft running its best or need to make a few minor repairs, this Clymer manual will be there every step of the way. Free shipping to the continental U.S. is included with this manual.
Book Excerpt: 1987-1992 Yamaha Waverunner, Wavejammer WJ500, WR500, WR650, WRA650, WRB650, SJ650 Repair Manual
INTERMEDIATE HOUSING INSTALLATION
- Wipe the hull bulkhead O-ring with marine grease and insert the O-ring into the bulkhead as shown in Figure 3. The O-ring should seat squarely in the bulkhead groove; replace if worn or damaged.
- Coat the drive shaft splines with marine grease. Then align the drive shaft with the intermediate shaft and join the 2 components.
- Install the intermediate housing mounting bolts and washers finger-tight as far as possible. When the intermediate housing appears flush against the bulkhead, tighten the bolts securely.
- Insert the rubber coupler into the coupling half (A, Figure 2).
- Install the engine and check engine alignment as described in Chapter Five.
Preignition is the premature burning of fuel and is caused by hot spots in the combustion chamber (Figure 31). The fuel actually ignites before it is supposed to.
Glowing deposits in the combustion chamber, inadequate cooling or overheated spark plugs can all cause preignition.
This is first noticed in the form of a power loss, but will eventually result in extended damage to the internal parts of the engine because of higher combustion chamber temperatures.
Misfiring can result from a weak spark or a dirty spark plug. Check for fuel contamination. If misfiring occurs only under heavy load, as when accelerating, it is usually caused by a defective spark plug. Check for fuel contamination.
If the engine seems to die momentarily when the throttle is opened and then recovers, check for a dirty or contaminated carburetor, water in the fuel or an excessively lean or rich low speed mixture.
Subject: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 Yamaha Waverunner, Wavejammer WJ500, WR500, WR650, WRA650, WRB650, SJ650 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892875941 | ISBN-13: 9780892875948 | Clymer W805