The 1984-1993 Yamaha FJ1100, FJ1200 sport touring bike repair manual by Clymer, covers all models indicated.
Book Excerpt: 1984-1993 Yamaha FJ1100, FJ1200 Repair Manual
The clutch is a wet, multi-plate type which operates immersed in engine oil. It is mounted on the right-hand side of the transmission main shaft. The clutch can be serviced with the engine in the frame.
FRONT SUSPENSION AND STEERING
The clutch release mechanism is hydraulic and requires no routine adjustment. The mechanism consists of a clutch master cylinder on the left-hand handlebar, a slave cylinder is mounted on the left-hand crankcase and sprocket cover on the left-hand side of the engine and a pushrod that rides within the transmission main shaft.
Clutch specifications are listed in Table 1. Table 1 and Table 2 are at the end of the chapter.
CLUTCH COVER: REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
- Remove the lower fairing as described in Chapter Twelve.
- Remove the clamping bolt and lockwasher (A, Figure 1) and remove the rear brake pedal (B, Figure 1). Reinstall the bolt and washer onto the brake pedal to avoid misplacing them.
NOTE: If the clutch or transmission is going to be serviced for abnormal operation, drain the engine oil into a clean container so that it can be checked for broken gear teeth, or other debris.
- Drain the engine oil as described under Engine Oil and Filter Change in Chapter Three.
STEERING HEAD: REMOVAL/DISASSEMBLY
Refer to Figure 53 for this procedure.
- Place the bike securely on the center stand with the front wheel off the ground.
- Remove the front fairing and mounting bracket as described in Chapter Twelve.
- Remove the front wheel as described in Chapter Seven.
- Remove the fuel tank as described in Chapter Seven.
- Remove the bolts securing the front brake joint (Figure 54) and move the joint and hose assembly out of the way. It is not necessary to disconnect any of the brake hoses from the joint.
The 1984-1993 Yamaha FJ1100, FJ1200 sport touring bike repair manual by Clymer
, can save the do-it-yourself mechanic money on maintenance and repair bills.
Detailed easy-to-follow instructions, accompanied by sharp photos and illustrations, guide you through every procedure, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, all the way to teardown and rebuild.
Subject: 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Yamaha FJ1100, FJ1200 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892876050 | ISBN-13: 9780892876051 | Clymer M397