Publisher out of print.
The Import Technical Specification Manual contains technical data covering imported vehicles for the US market from 1994 to 2006. It provides automotive technicians with a reliable information source when servicing, maintaining and making adjustments to vehicles.
The manual provides all the information you need to identify the car or truck, its engine, ignition and fuel system, as well as specifications and data for tuning, service checks and ajustments, lubricants and capacities, tightening torques, and brake dimensions.
Makes covered include Acura, Audi, BMW, Daewoo, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Saab, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
Technical specifications include:
- Vehicle identification: Engine management systems | Air flow metering types | Signal trigger locations
- Tuning: Idle speed | Ignition timing
- Service checks and adjustments
- Spark plugs
- Tightening torques: Cylinder heads | Engine components | Steering and brake parts
- Brake disc and drum dimensions: Minimum disc thickness and runout | Maximum drum diameter | Minimum pad and shoe thickness
- Technical information: Techical notes, procedures, preparatory condition and illustrations | Complex tightening torque sequences
Notice: These books are intended for professional mechanics and are not recommended for the do-it-yourselfer. In order to use them properly, a high level of mechanical knowledge and/or training is required.