The 2005-2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 sportbike repair manual by Clymer, covers models indicated.
Book Excerpt: 2005-2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Repair Manual
The oil pump (Figure 43) is located behind the clutch on the right side of the engine.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SWITCHES
- Remove the clutch as described in Chapter Six.
- Stuff a clean shop cloth into the crankcase opening.
- Remove the snap ring (Figure 44) securing the oil pump driven gear onto the pump shaft.
- Rotate the driven gear (Figure 45) so the pin sits horizontally. The pin is less likely to fall into the crankcase when seated in this position. Remove the driven sprocket from the pump shaft.
- Remove the pin (A, Figure 46) and washer (B) from the pump shaft.
- Remove the oil pump mounting screws (Figure 47).
- Withdraw the oil pump assembly (Figure 48). Remove the O-ring (A, Figure 49) from the inboard side of the pump.
- Inspect the oil pump as described in this section.
Switches can be tested for continuity with an ohm-meter (Chapter One) or a test light. The continuity diagrams for various switches are found in the wiring diagrams at the back of this manual.
To test a particular switch:
- Turn to the wiring diagram for a particular model, and locate the continuity diagram for the switch being tested.
- If testing for continuity, disconnect the negative battery terminal if disconnecting the connector/switch does not isolate the switch from a power source.
- If testing for voltage, make sure the battery is fully charged and any fuse for the particular circuit is in good condition.
- To check for continuity, disconnect the switch connector or if a connector plugs directly into the switch (like the front brake light switch), check for continuity at the terminals on the switch.
Subject: 2005, 2006 Suzuki GSXR1000 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1599691957 | ISBN-13: 9781599691954 | Clymer M266