The 2007-2014 Suzuki GSF650 / GSF1250 Bandit, GSX650F / GSX1250F repair manual by Haynes, covers the following street bike models:
- Suzuki GSF650 (2007-2011)
- Suzuki GSF650S (2007-2011)
- Suzuki GSX650F (2008-2014)
- Suzuki GSF1250 (2007-2011)
- Suzuki GSF1250S (2007-2012)
- Suzuki GSX1250F (2010-2014)
Note: ABS versions are included.
Book Excerpt: 2007-2014 Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, GSX650F, GSF1250 Bandit and GSX1250F Repair Manual
FRAME AND SUSPENSION
FORK REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- If required, remove the fairing and the fairing side panels (see Chapter 7).
- Remove the front wheel (see Chapter 6) and the mudguard (see Chapter 7).
- Work on each fork leg individually. Note the routing of the various cables and hoses around the forks. If both fork legs are being removed, note which side they fit and mark them accordingly.
- Loosen but do not remove the fork clamp bolt in the top yoke (see illustration).
- If the forks are to be disassembled, or if the fork oil is being changed, note the spring preload adjuster setting then set it to its minimum (see Section 15). Loosen the fork top bolt while the leg is still clamped in the bottom yoke (see illustration 6.4).
- Support the fork leg, then loosen but do not remove the clamp bolts in the bottom yoke (see illustration). Remove the fork by twisting it and pulling it downwards (see illustration). On unfaired models, make sure the rubber bushes on the headlight brackets do not bind on the fork tube as it is withdrawn.
- Remove all traces of corrosion from the fork tubes and the yokes. Slide the fork leg up through the bottom yoke and into the top yoke (see illustration 6.6b).
- Set the top of the fork tube the distance above the top yoke as specified at the beginning of this Chapter (see illustration). Tighten the clamp bolts in the bottom yoke to the specified torque setting (see illustration 6.6a).
GENERAL INFORMATION AND PRECAUTIONS
The fuel system consists of the fuel tank, incorporating the fuel pump and filter, the fuel hose to the fuel rail on the throttle bodies, and the injector that is located in each throttle body - one for each cylinder.
The fuel pump is activated initially by the ignition switch and continues to deliver fuel so long as the engine is running. Fuel pressure is controlled within the pump by a pressure regulator.
In the event of the machine falling over, a tip-over sensor cuts power to the fuel pump, injectors and ignition coils.
The entire fuel injection system is controlled by the engine control module (ECM) which monitors data sent from the various system sensors and adjusts fuel delivery to the engine accordingly.
If a fault develops in the injection system, the FI warning LED illuminates on the instrument cluster and the letters "FI" are displayed on the odometer. In the case of a minor fault, the warning LED remains on and the letters "FI" and the mileage display flash alternatively.
A fail-safe circuit allows the engine to run, although performance will be significantly reduced. In the case of a major fault, the LED flashes on and off and the letters "FI" are displayed continuously.
Under these circumstances, the entire fuel injection system is shut down. For comprehensive fault diagnosis and certain service procedures, a Suzuki mode select switch (Part No. 09930-82720) is required (see Section 9).
Subject: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Suzuki GSF650, GSX650F, GSX1250F, GSF1250 Bandit service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0857336398 | ISBN-13: 9780857336392 | Haynes 4798