This repair manual covers 1976-1991 Kawasaki Jet Ski personal watercraft, including:
- Kawasaki JS300 JetSki
- Kawasaki JS300SX JetSki
- Kawasaki JS400 JetSki
- Kawasaki JS440 JetSki
- Kawasaki JS440SX JetSki
- Kawasaki JS550 JetSki
- Kawasaki JS550SX JetSki
- Kawasaki JF650X-2 JetSki
- Kawasaki JS650SX JetSki
- Kawasaki JF650TS JetSki
- Kawasaki JL650SC JetSki
- Kawasaki JB650 Jet Mate
NOTE: The JB650 A3 and A1 model specifics are only lightly covered. For normal, non-specific JB 650 A3 / A1 repairs the book should really help you.
Book Excerpt: 1976-1991 Kawasaki Jet Ski JS550SX, JF650X-2, JS650SX, JF650TS, JL650SC, and JB650 (Jet Mate) Repair Manual
- Support the Jet Ski on a stand or on wooden boxes so that it is secure.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the battery as described in Chapter Nine.
- Remove the carburetor and exhaust pipe-expansion chamber assembly as descreibed in Chapter Eight.
- Disconnect the spark plug wire at the plug. Then loosen but do not remove the spark plug.
- If necessary, the engine piston and cylinder can be removed before removing the engine from the hull. Refer to Cylinder in this chapter.
- Remove the bolts holding the coupling guard (Figure 5) to the mounting lugs in the bottom of the hull. Remove the guard.
- Remove the bolts securing the electric case cap (Figure 6) to the case. Pull the cap away from the case. Disconnect the 4-pin connector and the bullet connectors inside the case. Unscrew the grommet cap and take out the wires. See Figure 7.
- Disconnect the oil inlet line at the oil pump. Plug the line to prevent oil from running out into the hull.
- Loosen the engine mounting bolts. Then remove any shims located under the engine bed. Label the shims for location and position so that they can be installed in the same position during engine installation. Remove the bolts and washers.
- Slide the engine forward to disconnect the coupler halves. Then lift the engine up and remove it from the hull.
Subject: 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991 Kawasaki Jet Ski personal watercraft repair, service, maintenance. ISBN-10: 0892875828 | ISBN-13: 9780892875825