This Chilton repair and service manual, covers 1996-2000 Honda Accord and Honda Prelude automobiles, U.S. and Canadian models.
Book Excerpt: 1996-2000 Honda Accord, Prelude Repair Manual
DISTRIBUTOR | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
DRIVEABILITY AND EMISSION CONTROLS
2.2L AND 2.3L ENGINES (See figures 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27)
IMPORTANT! The radio may contain a coded theft protection circuit. Always make note of the code before disconnecting the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Access the crankshaft pulley bolt through the left side inner fender liner. Use a socket, long extension and a suitable ratchet to rotate the engine. Rotate the engine counterclockwise until the white Top Dead Center (TDC) mark on the pulley aligns with the pointer on the engine cover.
- Label the ignition wires to the distributor cap, but do not remove them, unless absolutely necessary.
- Remove the distributor cap and note the location of the ignition rotor. If the ignition rotor is NOT pointing toward the terminal of the distributor cap for cylinder No. 1, rotate the crankshaft one complete revolution counterclockwise, and align the white (TDC) mark on the pulley with the pointer on the engine cover.
- If the distributor is going to be reinstalled, make an alignment mark between the distributor housing and the cylinder head using a scribe or a chisel. Then, using a scribe, felt tipped marker or touch up paint, make an alignment mark on the distributor housing for the rotor.
- Uncouple the electrical connectors on the side of the distributor.
- Remove the three distributor mounting bolts, then carefully remove the distributor from the cylinder head.
DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES
The following is a list of On Board Diagnostic version II (OBD-II) Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).
- P0000 No Failures
- P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction
- P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem
- P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input
- P0103 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit High Input
- P0104 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Intermittent
- P0105 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction
- P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem
- P0170 Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank no. 1)
- P0171 System Too Lean (Bank no. 1)
- P0172 System Too Rich (Bank no. 1)
- P0173 Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank no. 2)
- P0180 Fuel Temperature Sensor ?A? Circuit Malfunction
- P0181 Fuel Temperature Sensor ?A? Circuit Range /Performance
- P0565 Cruise Control On Signal Malfunction
- P0566 Cruise Control Off Signal Malfunction
- P0567 Cruise Control Resume Signal Malfunction
- P0568 Cruise Control Set Signal Malfunction
Subject: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 Honda Accord, Prelude service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0801991188 | ISBN-13: 9780801991189 | Chilton 30152