This DIY service, repair and maintenance manual by Haynes, covers the following 1986-1993 Cadillac, Buick and Oldsmobile passenger cars:
Book Excerpt: 1986-1993 Cadillac Eldorado, Seville, Deville, Fleetwood; Olds Toronado; Buick Riviera Repair Manual
- Cadillac Eldorado, 1986-1991
- Cadillac Seville, 1986-1991
- Cadillac Deville FWD, 1986-1993
- Cadillac Fleetwood FWD, 1986-1992
- Oldsmobile Toronado, 1986-1992
- Buick Riviera, 1986-1993
FUEL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
THROTTLE BODY | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
BODY | DEVILLE AND FLEETWOOD MODELS
CADILLAC MODELS (Refer to illustrations 13.4a, 13.4b and 13.7)
- Remove the air cleaner (see Section 9).
- Remove the ISC motor from the throttle body (see Chapter 6).
- Unplug the electrical connector from the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).
- On TBI equipped models remove the fuel feed and return lines (see illustration). Remove the fuel line O-rings from the nuts and discard them.
Unplug the electrical connectors from the fuel injectors and detach the injector wiring harness grommet from the throttle body (see illustration).
- Detach the accelerator cable, throttle return spring(s), transmission detent cable (automatics) and, if equipped, cruise control cable.
- Clearly label, then detach, all vacuum hoses.
- Remove the throttle body mounting bolts (see illustration) and lift the throttle body from the intake manifold. Remove and discard the throttle body mounting gasket.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Remove the trim panel retainer and sealer strip.
- Remove the rubber stop bumper, screws and front run channel.
- Lower the glass halfway, slide the window regulator guide block off the sash channel and tilt the glass outboard of the door frame to remove it.
- To install, insert the glass into the door and engage the regulator guide block to the sash channel. Engage the rear guide clip on the glass to the rear run channel weatherstrip.
- Raise the glass to the half way up position and install the front run channel bolts finger tight.
- Engage the front clip on the glass in the front run channel and tighten the bolts securely.
- Install the rubber stop bumper.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.
Subject: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Cadillac Eldorado, Seville, Deville, Fleetwood, Olds Toronado; Buick Riviera service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1563923475 | ISBN-13: 9781563923470 | Haynes 38031