- GOING OUT OF PRINT - LIMITED QUANTITY -
This Chilton DIY repair and service manual covers 1994-1997 Ford Aspire cars, U.S. and Canadian models with 1.3L four-sylinder inline single overhead cam (SOHC) engines.
Book Excerpt: 1994-1997 Ford Aspire Repair Manual
ENGINE AND ENGINE OVERHAUL
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
(See Figures 45 thru 58)
- Raise the car and support it with safety stands.
- Loosen the exhaust inlet pipe nuts and remove the washers.
- Loosen the muffler pipe bracket bolts, then remove the safety stands and lower the car.
- Disconnect the air cleaner-to-intake manifold tube.
- Loosen the exhaust manifold shield bolts and remove the shield.
- Disengage the oxygen sensor (O2S) electrical connector from the routing bracket and unplug the sensor.
- Loosen the water pipe clamp located under the distributor.
NOTE: The water pipe clamp has to be pulled forward to allow clearance for manifold removal.
- Remove the exhaust manifold nut that retains the water pipe bracket beneath the manifold.
- Pull the pipe off the stud and slide the assembly towards the driver's side to separate it from the water pump inlet connector.
- Loosen the bolts and nuts which retain the exhaust manifold.
- Remove the exhaust manifold from the engine.
- Remove the exhaust manifold gasket from the cylinder head.
- Use a scraper to clean any old gasket material residue from the cylinder head and exhaust manifold mating surfaces.
LIGHTING | HEADLIGHTS
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
(See Figures 62 thru 68)
WARNING! Do not touch the glass bulb with your fingers; hold the bulb by its base only. Oil from your fingers can severely shorten the life of the bulb. If necessary, wipe off any dirt or oil from the bulb with rubbing alcohol before completing installation.
1. Open the vehicle's hood and secure it in an upright position.
2. If necessary for access on the passenger's side, remove the air cleaner and air cleaner-to-intake manifold tube.
3. If necessary for access on the driver's side, remove the windshield washer fluid reservoir by sliding it up and off its mounting bracket.
4. Remove the front parking light bulb. This will make removing the headlight bulb assembly easier.
5. Turn the dust boot retaining ring counterclockwise to remove it.
6. Disengage the headlight bulb's electrical connection.
7. After the dust boot has been removed, unlatch the spring clip that retains the bulb, and pivot it clear of the bulb.
Subject: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 Ford Aspire service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0801989728 | ISBN-13: 9780801989728 | Chilton 26120