This Chilton 28340 repair and service shop manual covers 2006-2011 Chevy Impala and Chevy Monte Carlo U.S. and Canadian car models.
The "Chilton Total Car" manual is a well respected do-it-yourself service manual. It provides step-by-step procedures along with close up photos and diagrams to guide you through simple to very complex service projects on your Impala or Monte Carlo.
The following engines are covered in this Chevy Impala / Monte Carlo service manual:
- 3.5L V6 Engine
- 3.9L V6 Engine
- 5.3L V8 Engine
You will find detailed service procedures for engines, tune-ups, fuel systems, exhaust systems, brakes, suspension, steering, electrical (including electrical diagrams), clutch / driveline, manual / automatic transmissions, AC, heating and body components.
Book Excerpt: 2006-2011 Chevy Impala, Chevy Monte Carlo Repair Manual
EXHAUST MANIFOLDS | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
ENGINE ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
(Refer to illustration 8.7)
WARNING: Use caution when working around the exhaust manifolds - the sheetmetal heat shields can be sharp on the edges. Also, the engine should be cold when this procedure is followed.
- Disconnect the cable from the negative terminal of the battery.
- Raise the vehicle and support it securely on jackstands. Disconnect the exhaust pipe from the rear exhaust manifold. Support the weight of the exhaust system with wire.
- Remove the ignition coils from the rear cylinder bank.
- Remove the oxygen sensor (see Chapter 6).
- Remove the dipstick tube.
- Remove the spark plugs.
- Disconnect the exhaust crossover pipe from the manifold to be removed (see illustration).
- Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield if necessary for working room.
- Remove the exhaust manifold mounting bolts and separate the manifold from the cylinder head.
STARTER MOTOR | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
(Refer to illustration 13.5)
- Disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal (see Section 3).
- Raise the front of the vehicle and support it securely on jackstands.
- Remove the under-engine splash shield.
- Disconnect the battery cable (the larger cable) and the starter control cable (the smaller cable) from the starter solenoid terminals.
- Remove the driveplate/torque converter access cover (see illustration).
- Remove the starter motor mounting bolts and remove the starter motor.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to tighten the starter motor mounting bolts to the torque listed in this Chapter's Specifications.
Subject: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Chevy Impala, Monte Carlo service, maintenance, and repair procedures.
ISBN-10: 1620920476 | ISBN-13: 9781620920473 | Chilton 28430