This Chilton DIY repair manual covers 1989-1998 Dodge B150, B250, B350, Ram Van 1500 and 2500 Full-Size Vans, including Cutaway and Motor Home Chassis. U.S. and Canadian models.
Book Excerpt: 1989-1998 Dodge B150, 250, 350, Ram Van 1500, 2500 Full-Size Van Repair Manual
(See Figures 5, 6 and 7)
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and disconnect the distributor electrical harness.
NOTE: On some engines, it may be necessary to label and remove the distributor wires and cap in order to gain clearance to remove the distributor.
- Remove the distributor cap and position it aside with the ignition wires still attached.
- Match mark the position of the rotor to the distributor housing and the distributor housing to the engine.
- Remove the distributor hold-down bolt and clamp.
- Remove the distributor from the engine.
NOTE: Before installation, inspect the distributor O-ring and drive gear for wear and/or damage. Rotate the distributor shaft to make sure it moves freely, without binding.
ENGINE NOT DISTURBED
- Install the distributor, aligning the distributor housing and rotor with the matchmarks made during removal.
- Install the distributor hold-down bolt and clamp. Only snug the bolt at this time.
- Connect the distributor electrical harness.
- Install the distributor cap and wires.
POWER BRAKE BOOSTER | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
TABLE of CONTENTS:
(See Figures 8 and 9)
- Remove the rear anti-lock valve, combination valve and master cylinder.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the power booster.
- On transverse mounted boosters, remove the pivot bolt, O-ring and nut that attach the booster rod to the bell crank.
- On inline mounted boosters, remove the steering column knee bolster for access to the brake pedal. Remove the clip that attaches the pushrod and disconnect the pushrod from the brake pedal.
- Remove the power booster attaching nuts and remove the booster.
- Install the power booster and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- On inline mounted boosters, connect the pushrod to the brake pedal and install the clip. From inside the vehicle, install the steering column knee bolster.
Introduction: About this manual | Introduction | Vehicle identification numbers | Maintenance techniques, tools and working facilities | Buying parts | Jacking and towing | Anti-theft audio system | Booster battery (jump) starting | Conversion factors | Automotive chemicals and lubricants | Safety first! | Troubleshooting
- Tune-up and routine maintenance
- Engine and overhaul procedures
- Cooling, heating and air-conditioning systems
- Fuel and exhaust systems
- Engine electrical systems
- Emissions control systems
- Suspension and steering systems
- Chassis electrical system
- Wiring diagrams
Subject: , 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 Dodge B150, 250, 350, Ram Van 1500, 2500 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0801989663 | ISBN-13: 9780801989667 | Chilton 20422