The 2002-2011 MINI Mk I, MK II DIY service and repair manual by Chilton, covers U.S. and Canadian versions of the following models:
- MINI R50 Cooper, 2002-2006
- MINI R52 Cooper Convertible, Cooper S Convertible, 2005-2008
- MINI R53 Cooper S, 2002-2006
- MINI R55 Cooper Clubman, Clubman S, 2008-2011
- MINI R56 Cooper, Cooper S, 2007-2011
- MINI R57 Cooper Convertible, Cooper S Convertible, 2009-2011
Note: This manual includes John Cooper Works (JCW) models. It does not include Countryman models or convertible top information.
Book Excerpt: 2002-2011 MINI Cooper, Cooper S, Clubman Repair Manual
MK I MODELS
REMOVAL (Refer to illustrations 6.6, 6.13 and 6.23)
- Disconnect the cable from the negative terminal of the battery (see Chapter 5).
- Remove the air filter housing (see Chapter 4).
- Loosen the front wheel bolts. Chock the rear wheels, then firmly apply the parking brake. Loosen both front wheel bolts. Raise the front of the vehicle and securely support it on jackstands. Remove both front wheels and wheel well liners (see Chapter 11).
- Drain the transaxle oil as described in Section 2, then install the drain plug and tighten it to the torque listed in this Chapter's Specifications.
- Remove both driveaxles (see Chapter 8).
- On models manufactured up to 12/2003, remove the engine carrier bracket from the right-hand end of the engine (see illustration).
- Remove the battery and battery tray (see Chapter 5).
- Depress the collar and disconnect the brake booster vacuum pipe from the intake manifold.
- Remove the starter motor (see Chapter 5).
COOPER S MODELS
- Remove the throttle body and Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor (see Chapter 4).
- Remove the MAP sensor mounting bracket.
- Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield.
- Unscrew the retaining bolt, release the clamp and disconnect the intake pipe from the supercharger, then depress the collars and disconnect the vacuum pipes from the intake pipe (see illustration).
- Remove the retaining screw, detach the oxygen sensor wiring clip and remove the heat shield above the starter motor.
- Disconnect the starter motor wiring connections, and move the wiring harness from the transaxle area (see Chapter 5).
Subject: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 MINI Cooper, Cooper S, Clubman, Convertible service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 156392949X | ISBN-13: 9781563929496 | Chilton 49201