Find a manual »
Nissan Maxima Repair Manual 1993-2004
The 1993-2004 Nissan Maxima DIY repair and service manual by Haynes, covers U.S. and Canadian models, and provides complete maintenance, service and repair information, with hundreds of photos, for do-it-yourself mechanics who want to take care of their vehicles.
Note: This manual does not include information specific to the dual overhead cam (DOHC) engine in 1993 and 1994 SE models.
Book Excerpt: 1993-2004 Nissan Maxima Repair Manual
The Nissan Maxima is offered as a four-door sedan body style.
The transversely mounted 3.0-liter V6 engines used in these models are equipped with a sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection system. Models from 1993 to 1994 came with a SOHC VG30DE V6, while later models all have a DOHC VQ30DE V6.
A limited number of 1993 and 1994 models were equipped with a DOHC VE30DE V6 that is not covered by this manual.
The engine transmits power to the front wheels through either a five-speed manual transaxle or an electronically controlled four-speed automatic transaxle via independent driveaxles.
The Maxima features a steel uni-body and independent front suspension with MacPherson strut/coil spring suspension and a stabilizer bar.
The rear suspension on 1993 and 1994 models utilized MacPherson struts and parallel links, while 1995 through 2003 models are equipped with an independent rear suspension that utilizes upper and lower control arms, knuckles, coil springs, conventional shock absorbers, and a stabilizer bar.
The rack-and-pinion steering unit is mounted behind the engine with power-assist as standard equipment.
All models are equipped with front disc brakes and power assist. Models in 1993 and 1994 were available with either drum or disc rear brakes, while 1995 and later models all have rear disc brakes.
Anti-lock Brake Systems (ABS) are available on all models (optional on 1996 and earlier, standard on 1997 and later).
HOOD LATCH AND RELEASE CABLE | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION (Refer to illustrations 11.1 and 11.4)
- Remove the bolts and detach the latch assembly (see illustration 10.10). Unhook the spring and use a screwdriver to detach the cable end from the latch (see illustration).
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Disconnect the cable from the latch (see illustration 11.1). Detach the cable from the fasteners along the left inner fender.
- Working in the passenger compartment remove the screws and detach the hood release cable and handle assembly from the instrument panel (see illustration).
- Pull the cable through the firewall grommet into the passenger compartment.
- Insert the end of new cable through the firewall grommet into the engine compartment.
- Pull the cable through from the engine compartment side.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
About this manual | Introduction to the Nissan Maxima | Vehicle identification numbers | Buying parts | Maintenance techniques, tools and working facilities | Jacking and towing | Booster battery (jump) starting | Automotive chemicals and lubricants | Conversion factors | Fraction/decimal/millimeter equivalents | Safety first! | Troubleshooting
Subject: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Nissan Maxima service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 156392594X | ISBN-13: 9781563925948 | Haynes 72021
- Tune-up and routine maintenance
- Single Overhead Cam (SOHC) engine
- Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC) engines
- General engine overhaul procedures
- Cooling heating and air conditioning systems
- Fuel and exhaust systems
- Engine electrical systems
- Emissions and engine control systems
- Manual transaxle
- Automatic transaxle
- Clutch and driveaxles
- Suspension and steering systems
- Chassis electrical system
- Wiring diagrams
- Publisher: Haynes Manual
- Pages: 384 - Hundreds of b&w photos and illustrations
- Binding: Paperback - 8.5 x 11 inches
- ISBN: 978-1-56392-594-8