The 1982-2004 Kawasaki KX125, KX250, KX500 dirtbike repair manual by Clymer covers:
- Kawasaki KX125, 1982-1991
- Kawasaki KX250, 1982-1991
- Kawasaki KX500, 1983-2004
Note: the KX125 1992-on
is covered in Clymer #M472-2, and the KX250 1992-on
is covered in Clymer #item M473-2.
Book Excerpt: 1982-1991 Kawasaki KX125, KX250, and 1983-2004 Kawasaki KX500 Repair Manual
This chapter describes service procedures for the ignition system.
Electrical system test specifications are found in Table 1 and Table 2. Tables 1-5 are found at the end of the chapter.
ELECTRICAL COMPONENT REPLACEMENT
Most motorcycle dealerships and parts suppliers will not accept the return of any electrical part. If you cannot determine the exact cause of any electrical system malfunction, have a Kawasaki dealership retest that specific system to verify your test results.
If you purchase a new electrical component(s), install it, and then find that the system still does not work properly, you will probably not be able to return the unit for a refund.
This chapter contains repair and replacement procedures for the rear wheel and hub and rear suspension components. Service to the rear suspension consists of periodically checking bolt tightness, lubrication of all pivot points, swing arm bushing replacement and rear shock service.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
Rear suspension specifications are listed in Tables 1-3. Tables 1-10 are found at the end of the chapter.
REAR WHEEL: REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (DRUM BRAKE MODELS)
- Support the bike so that the rear wheel is off of the ground.
- Unscrew the rear brake adjusting nut completely from the brake rod (Figure 1). Withdraw the brake rod from the brake lever and pivot it down and out of the way. Reinstall the adjusting nut to avoid misplacing it.
- Loosen the left- and right-hand chain adjusters.
- Disconnect the brake rod at the rear hub (Figure 1).
- Loosen and remove the axle nut. Remove the left-hand chain adjuster.
- General Information
- Lubrication, Maintenance and Tune-up
- Clutch and External Gearshift Linkage
- Transmission and Internal Shift Mechanism
- Fuel and Emission Systems
- Exhaust System
- Electrical System
- Wheels, Tires and Drivetrain
- Front Suspension and Steering
- Rear Suspension
- Body and Frame
- Wiring Diagrams
Subject: 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Kawasaki KX125, KX250, KX500 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892879602 | ISBN-13: 9780892879601 | Clymer M447-3