The International Harvester Tractor Repair Manual Cub 154 Lo-Boy, 184, 185, Farmall Cub covers tractor models indicated.
- International Harvester Cub 154 Lo-Boy
- International Harvester Cub 184 Lo-Boy
- International Harvester Cub 185 Lo-Boy
- Farmall Cub
- International Harvester Cub
- International Harvester Cub Lo-Boy
Note: this tractor repair manual includes wiring diagrams for all models.
Book Excerpt: International Harvester Tractor Repair Manual Cub 154 Lo-Boy, 184, 185, Farmall Cub
RandR ENGINE (All Models)
6. To remove engine, disconnect battery ground cable at battery, drain engine crankcase oil and engine coolant. Remove hood and side panels. Shut off fuel and remove fuel line from strainer to carburetor. Remove fuel tank, disconnect choke cable and remove air cleaner and pipe. Disconnect oil lines to hydraulic pump on models so equipped, and plug all openings to prevent entrance of dirt.
Remove radiator hoses and cooling fan assembly. Disconnect throttle cable from governor. Disconnect wires from generator, voltage regulator (alternator and starting motor if so equipped), positive terminal of ignition coil and headlights. Disconnect oil pressure switch. Remove side covers adjacent to engine flywheel.
Relieve pto belt tension on 154 and 185 models. Remove pto belts on 184 models. On 154 and 185 models, remove cap screws securing clutch coupling hub to flywheel.
Note: On 184 models, clutch and pressure plate may be removed with engine. Remove six cap screws holding engine in frame and lift engine from frame.
A manually actutated creeper drive is available on all models and consists of a planetary gear set, a direct drive sleeve and a spur gear.
The creeper drive is lubricated by transmission fluid and recommended lubricant is IH "Hy-Tran" hydraulic-transmission fluid. Refer to CONDENSED SPECIFICATIONS for quantity of fluid used.
68. RandR PTO CLUTCH (MODELS 154 AND 185)
TABLE of CONTENTS:
To remove pto clutch, remove pto shield and support. Remove pto brake support (1-Fig. IH63) and bearing support (2). Loosen clutch cleat cap screws on left frame rail. Disconnect clutch control arm. Remove pto clutch assembly. Remove clutch housing (1-Fig.IH64) from pto drive shaft.
69.RandR PTO CLUTCH (MODEL 184)
On this model, the pto clutch must be disassembled and removed when drive shaft is removed. This procedure is outlined in paragraph 67.
70. OVERHAUL PTO CLUTCH (MODELS 154 AND 185)
With pto clutch assembly removed, loosen locking collar (Fig. IH62) and remove rear ball bearing, bearing flanges and locking collar.
NOTE: Locking collar is eccentric and tightened on shaft with a punch. Proper method of tightening is to turn collar (relative to bearing flange) in normal direction of shaft rotation. After loosening set screw, tap collar OPPOSITE the direction of shaft rotation by inserting a punch in knock hole of collar. (continued)
- Detailed illustrations and exploded views
- Troubleshooting sections covering most models
- Cooling system
- Electrical system
- Final drive
- Condensed service data information
- Detailed index
- Accurate information in a concise, easy-to-use format
- Durable, coated paper stands up to messy shop jobs
Subject: International Harvester farm tractor service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0872881148 | ISBN-13: 9780872881143