Find a manual »
Toyota Corona Repair Manual 1974-1982
This DIY service, repair and maintenance manual by Haynes covers the following 1974-1982 Toyota Corona models:
These cars are powered by 2.0L, 2.2L and 2.3L 4-cylinder inline engines. This manual also covers UK models Saloon and Estate with 1.9L engines.
- Toyota Corona Sedan
- Toyota Corona Hardtop SR and SR5
- Toyota Corona Wagon
Book Excerpt: 1974-1982 Toyota Corona Repair Manual
DISTRIBUTOR | DISMANTLING, INSPECTION AND REASSEMBLY
- Remove the distributor cap, rotor and dustproof cover.
- Remove the vacuum advance adjuster (octane selector) cap.
- Pull off the point cover, where applicable.
- Detach the points wire from the terminal on the distributor body; also detach the condenser wire, where applicable. Lift out the terminal insulator.
- Remove the contact breaker points assembly and the damping spring.
- Where applicable, remove the condenser from its attachment point.
- Remove the screw (models without a condenser) and detach the vacuum advance unit.
- Pull out the two rubber plates, and unscrew the hold-down clips and ground wire screws.
- Lift out the breaker plate, and detach the mechanical advance.
- Remove the E-ring, and take out the governor weights and bearings.
- Remove the grease stopper and screw from the top of the spindle, and remove the cam.
- Carefully drill out the pin retaining the gear; detach the gear from the spindle.
- Remove the screws from the base of the distributor body and pull out the spindle (and bearing, where applicable).
- Remove the remaining parts from the spindle.
- Check for wear between the spindle and body on the 18R distributor. If evident, it is recommended that a new distributor body is obtained. Examine all the other parts for wear and damage (including the bearing on 20R distributors), replacing parts as necessary.
HEATER ASSEMBLY | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Initially detach the battery ground cable.
- Drain the engine coolant (refer to Chapter 2 if necessary).
- Remove the hoses from the heater unit (in the engine compartment).
- Remove the console box (for models with a radio in the console, see Chapter 10).
- Remove the under tray and the heater air front duct.
- Remove the glove compartment mounting screws and then pull out the compartment, detaching the harness connector.
- Remove the heater air rear ducts and center ventilator ducts.
- Remove the combination meter, radio, tape player and combination gauge, as applicable (see Chapter 10).
- Remove the heater control assembly (see Section 24).
- Remove the retaining screws and take off the defroster nozzle.
- Place some old flat newspapers on the floor below the heater, and then remove the retaining screws, tilt the heater towards the left and draw it out form the under tray side. Be prepared for some spillage of the coolant as the heater is drawn out.
- If necessary, the heater radiator unit (heat exchanger) can be removed by taking off the water valve and outlet hose connection, and then removing the clip band and bolt.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
Subject: 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982 Toyota Corona service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0856967696 | ISBN-13: 9780856967696 | Haynes 92045
- Introduction: Vehicle identification numbers; Buying parts; Maintenance techniques, and more.
- Tune-up and routine maintenance
- Engine and overhaul procedures
- Cooling, heating and air-conditioning systems
- Fuel and exhaust systems
- Engine electrical systems
- Emissions control systems
- 3-speed manual transmission
- 4-speed manual transmission
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Automatic transmission
- Suspension and steering systems
- Chassis electrical system
- Wiring diagrams
- Publisher: Haynes Manuals
- Pages: 202 - Hundreds of b&w photos and illustrations
- Binding: Paperback - 8.5 x 11 inches
- ISBN: 978-0-85696-769-6